I'm raising capital to produce single origin, direct trade, TOW SuperFood Chocolate which will help to build the first micro family farm fermentarie and sustainable plant nursery in Manabi Ecuador.
By clicking the link above you will be redirected to our project where you could like, share and support our dream. As micro farmers this is a great opportunity to become productive and guard the quality of Ecuadorian Nacional beans.
Get a treat while making a positive impact for farmer families in coastal Ecuador.
Hi my name is Pedro Lafargue and I'm the founder of TOW SuperFood Chocolate. In 2009 I start planting 1000 trees of cocoa to reforest a plantain field in an organic way as the native farmers did (Mixing fruits such as Papaya and banana) and in 2017 I plant 2000 new trees of native cocoa in a different field and we start peaking seed by seed for building a heirloom cacao green house. At the moment I'm working in a PhD research developing a methology to determine the origin of chocolate and cacao beans from around the world.
Hi my name is Paula and I'm the Co-Founder of TOW SuperFood Chocolate and in2013 we start working with Pedro in our chocolate brand and handmade production, one of the things that I love about TOW is the friendship and relations that we built with farmers and consumers. We produce "tree to snack" artisan cacao beans and chocolate so we can show to the world how the hard work of farmers should be recognize and support.
Our dream today, is that TOW SuperFood Chocolate becomes a direct trade brand between small farmers and European market but also to continue building this cooperation as global farmers . We consider that the only way of fighting poverty and sustainability is by incentivising farmer families to become skilled. We could achieve this by training workers, pay15% to 20% over the market price to fresh and fermented cacao beans and involving local farmers to the professional supply chain.
As we are, FoodScience Engineers our aim is to research and develop new products from cacao and different type of chocolates. Until now we have developed cold raw cacao butter, sport chocolates high in energy and low in added sugars, gourmet chips and pastry single origin chocolate and our special nibs with Andean fruits and partially roasted cacao mass (Liquor). This leads to more family income and opportunities for individuals inside the community.
Find us here
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.
YOU WILL RECEIVE MONTHLY UPDATES ON THE PROJECT :)
- We have some fab rewards to thank everyone who donates, whatever the amount you might give. Check them out."
- You can wait for a surprise, help us to choose a Andean fruit, plant a tropical forest tree or get a mix of chocolates from direct trade.