FILLED! Situation Available Davis Chocolate – Marketing Specialist
The purpose of this position is to develop and manage marketing initiatives to promote the products, ideas and services of the company.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Writing, editing and producing creatives of promotional literature, packaging, newsletters, direct marketing, and Internet marketing projects.
- Writes and distributes press releases and produces media kits.
- Update website on per needed basis.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Develops opportunities to add additional value to other department initiatives including Internet Marketing, Direct Marketing, Tradeshow Development, etc.
- Participates in regular strategy meetings and develops new programs and initiatives that are designed to further the company's mission.
- Be the liaison with various certificate issuing organizations who require frequent updates.
- Works with outside vendors and researches the best price points on packaging.
- Reviews various Marketing materials and make recommended edits.
- Produce, edit, and publish videos for promotional and training needs.
- Research competition, prepare analysis and compare to current tactics.
- Produce campaign analytics reports as required.
- Provides feedback and best practices to the Marketing support team on a consistent basis.
- Review and see if all press releases have posted
- Increase followers
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Desired College Degree (Preferably in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or Graphic Design)
- Prior experience marketing position
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Have verbal and written communication skills sufficient to communicate product information with customers and sales representatives.
- Brand and copy management
- Adobe Creative Suite (Preferred CS5)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Must have high knowledge of Excel)
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, etc.)
- SEO Experience
- Working knowledge of media relations and press releases
- Research Skills
- Cognitive and reasoning ability to do mathematical computations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages for pricing and discount calculations.
- General operations of office equipment including but not limited to personal computer, copy machine, telephone and fax machine
- Strong initiative and self-direction
- Ability to work independently and also on a team
- Professionalism, courteousness, and strong sense of customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, plan, follow through on projects
- Analytical ability to identify problem, determine causes, apply technical product knowledge and recommend remedial action.
PHYSICAL/SENSORY/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to sit for eight (8) hours per day in front of a computer.
- Ability to carry 20+ lbs if necessary.
If Interested, Contact: