Does anyone have experience using the Savage Bros. 50LB Chocolate temperer? I am looking to have some questions answered, prior to purchasing. I currently used a Chocovision Rev Delta unit. Business is growing and a want chocolate available for longer periods without the chocolate becoming so thick. So I have some questions I'd like to post... I know the rev delta after about an hr, any of the chocolates I temper because so thick, I know I can raise the temp and lower it back down again. I feel or believe if I had a closed system, like the Savage Bros. 50lb chocolate temperer, the chocolate would not necessarily get like this.
a number of my confections have 1 inclusion. My thoughts are to slightly warm my inclusion, which I can, to around the same temp as the tempered chocolate. Then draw tempered chocolate into the bowl and mix the inclusion with chocolate, portion out on a table accordingly. the inclusion is a harder food product, in larger pieces that I prefer to keep larger and not cut down.
my questions for anyone with the Savage Bros 50 Choc. Temperer
- how long can I keep chocolate inside the machine before it has to be cleaned?
- How long does it take to temper, say a 20lb - 50lb batch of chocolate?
- Once the chocolate is in temper, will the machine keep it tempered indefinitely? Or is there something similar to a pause kind of function, that I could come back later that day or four days later, hit the temper button and X number of minutes or hours (?) later the chocolate is back in temper?
- how long is the drain hose and the water inlet hose for the jacket? Does this water have to be constantly drained and refilled or is that only after a certain period of time?
- Does the chocolate thicken, like it does for an open unit tempering machine, or since it is a closed kind of system, the chocolate does not get like that?
- What do you do when you need to replenish the chocolate? Do you have to go through the entire process again, or can you simply add broken up pieces of chocolate to the top of the unit?
- not sure what else to ask now.
I certainly appreciate anyone that can help me with these questions. I've done tons of research and really can't find the answers. I contacted Savage Bros, super nice folks and they did send me the manual. However I am looking for real world experience on this.
Folks, truly THANK YOU in advance.