How To Color An Allergy Friendly World Of Holiday Cookies
An Imaginative Way To Enjoy Free Holiday Cookies Delivered!
Allergy sufferers, we’re delivering special holiday cookies — just for you! Watch for this fun flavored series of three of the yummiest of indulgent recipes crafted with you in mind. Today’s offering is cookie sticks.
We know this time of the year can be difficult to wade through with so many yet so few choices for allergy sufferers. Well, we’re here to turn your frown upside down. You may still not be able to participate in the neighborhood cookie exchange but you will have your own delicious cookies to enjoy.
For today’s selection, the term cookie ‘sticks’ is rather a loose one. As evidenced by the photo below, these cookies are more kids hands on friendly than picture perfect.
To avoid unnecessary time time in the kitchen we’re starting with a box mix. These cookies cover anyone intolerant to gluten, peanut, nut, dairy and eggs. This recipe is free of all of these allergens. We love Cherrybrook Kitchen at our house. They even carry a frosting mix for you to safely personalize your holiday cookies. Let’s get started…
Allergen Friendly Holiday Cookie Sticks
- Cherrybrook Kitchen Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup dairy free safe margarine
- 1/4 cup rice milk
- 2-1/2 tsp vanilla
- Cherrybrook Kitchen Kitchen Vanilla Frosting Mix
- 2 sticks softened, not melted, dairy free safe margarine
- 2 TBSP rice milk
- Food coloring
- Enjoy life chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325.
- With a hand mixer blend melted margarine, rice milk, vanilla and sugar cookie mix. The mix won’t be as stiff as regular cookie dough.
- Carefully, place dough by spoonful onto cookie sheet and stretch it into your best version of a ‘stick’. Note! The absence of the dough’s stiffness may contribute to less than perfect stick formation capability.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until they are a light golden brown.
- Cool 1-2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- While cookies are baking prepare the icing.
- Using a hand mixer blend softened margarine, rice milk, and frosting mix.
- Separate frosting equally into separate dishes. Add your preferred food coloring.
- Place Enjoy Life chocolate chips in a glass bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir and heat for another 30 seconds. Note! Chips will not melt in a plastic bowl.
- Decorate cooled cookies! Let your child’s imagination go to work!
Show us your creations! What toppings and colors did you use on your #holidaycookies?