Enjoy this Surprising Uplifting Guilt Free Paleo Dessert
But, why? There are some components of the paleo philosophy that I feel are important for optimal health. One is that the diet is grain- free. Since grains contain gluten, that is not easily digested by more and more people these days, I prefer simply to remove it from my diet, thereby eliminating my chances of becoming gluten intolerant.
Why I love making Paleo desserts…
Another reason I favor this type of dessert? I consistently use eggs and sometimes whey protein, which increases protein density. Enjoying a healthy dessert is great, but being able to experience one high in one of our most essential nutrients is even better. For me, the guilt factor vanishes once I consider that I’m raising my level of something so many people aren’t getting enough of in their diet. For this exact reason, I decided to combine pleasure with work by making what I like to call my Juicy Paleo Cake. Here’s the recipe:
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Meal
- 2 Scoops Whey Protein Powder
- 3/4 Cup Raw Organic Honey
- 1/4 Cup Raw Cocoa Nibs
- 3/4 Cup Walnut Pieces or Pecan pieces
- 1tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Small Bananas or 1 Big
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 tbsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Cup Organic Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
First, place the Cocoa Nibs and Walnuts Aside.
- In a blender or food processor, mix all ingredients together until an even creamy-liquid-y like consistency is achieved.
- Pre-heat oven to 370 F
- In a pan, lined with parchment paper pour in the mixture
- Add the cocoa nibs and walnut pieces. Gently mix with a spoon to spread them evenly throughout the cake.
- Bake for 34-40min or until a golden-brownish crust forms
- You may serve warm and sprinkle with some cocoa powder and add a drop of Maple syrup (optional)
- Enjoy this sweet treat without feeling guilty.
Don’t forget to share your favorite #paleo desserts @Kitchology and @kitchenchick123.