Delight Your Full Sweet Potato Fries Imagination
I just picked up a new twist on sweet potato fries. Almost nothing makes me happier than discovering ways to prepare nutritious, delicious, colorful meals. Recently, I visited a new bistro that opened few blocks from my house. Amongst the many temptations on their exclusive menu were those inviting fries. Also, download Kitchology’s Eat.Better app for a rainbow of ideas, too!
When looking for a healthy carbohydrate sweet potato fries are a healthier option than the potato kind. That’s why you’ll find lots of variations on them in restaurants. If you peruse different recipes you’ll learn that usually they’re sprinkled with cayenne pepper, or smoked paprika then drizzled with olive oil. Well, this time around I’m here to share an irresistible variation on sweet potato fries dipped in truffle oil and fresh thyme. It was one of the most mouth watering flavor combinations I have experienced in quite awhile.
Here is the recipe so you, too, can enjoy them at home:
Black Truffle Sweet Potato Fries
2-3 Large Sweet Potatoes
1/2 tbsp Sea Salt
Ground Black Pepper to taste
1 tbsp Fresh Thyme (if you don’t have fresh, dry could also work)
2 tbsp Black Truffle Oil
*These sweet potato fries are a great pairing for a steak, burger or any other meat dish. In this picture, I have made lamb racks and added some arugula salad on the side. It is a truly spectacular combination.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into long thin cuts.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large baking pan, place a parchment paper sheet.
- In a large bowl add the sweet potato cuts, truffle oil and spice.
- Mix well.
- Spread out the seasoned fries over the parchment sheet, making sure there are all spread throughly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40-50min or until the fries start getting a golden-brown crust on the edges.
- Serve fries with an aioli dip or add to your preferred meat dish.
Wasn’t that amazing? Got any more ideas of what to do with #sweet potato fries? Share with us @Kitchology and @Kitchenchick123.